Producer's DBA setting drives a ton of logic in SureLC. It ensures the Producer is setup with the expected commission payment parameters and drives the forms that produce, along with the proper data applied to each field on the carrier's forms.
Carrier Rules provide an ability to override the DBA setting of your Producers automatically based on some simple criteria. This article reviews the following topics related to Carrier Rules:
- HOW CAN I USE THIS FEATURE?
- HOW DOES IT WORK?
- HOW DO I EDIT RULES ALREADY BUILT?
- HOW DO CARRIER RULES BLEND WITH SCHEDULE SETTINGS?
HOW CAN I USE THIS FEATURE?
There are a number of reasons you may need to change the DBA setting. Whether you need to change the DBA setting for all your producers for a certain carrier or just for select situations, this feature stores those settings and applies the DBA change for a specific request without having to manually change your Producer's DBA profile back and forth.
Do you have hurdles with your workflow steps for any of the following examples..........
EXAMPLE #1: ALL PRODUCERS/SPECIFIC CARRIER
Contract ALL producers as LOA for a specific Carrier while maintaining their normal DBA setting for all other carriers.
EXAMPLE #2: SPECIFIC PRODUCT LINE
Contract producers as LOA just for a specific product line category while maintaining their normal DBA setting for all other product lines under the very same carrier.
EXAMPLE #3: SPECIFIC AFFILIATION
Contract producers for a specific Affiliation as LOA for a certain carrier & product line.
EXAMPLE #4: TWO SIGNING OFFICERS
Or perhaps you have two signing officers for your agency and need to point your LOA agents to one or the other upline signor by carrier.
All of these, and more, can be handled using the Carrier Rules feature!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
To begin, navigate to the Carriers page:
- Choose the carrier from your selected list
- Select the "RULES" tab
- Select the "ADD RULE" button
Carrier Rules have two parts to the settings: General Settings & Hierarchy Settings.
- 1.) REQUIRED: Choose a title
- 2.) REQUIRED: Choose Product Line(s)
- 3.) REQUIRED: Choose affiliations by selecting the "SPECIFY" button. In the pop-up window choose the "ADD" button on the left side, moving the affiliation needed to the "Selected" side on the right.
- 4.) REQUIRED: Choose the DBA setting you need as the override rule.
- PRODUCER DEFAULT - No Change. Applies the existing DBA setting on the producer's profile.
- LOA (Solicitor) - Overrides the DBA setting to LOA and provides a selection to point the agent to the Direct Upline they'll be soliciting for.
- INDIVIDUAL - Overrides the DBA setting to Individual
- INSTITUTIONAL - Overrides the DBA setting to Institutional and provides a selection to point the agent to their Broker Dealer they'll be soliciting for. (**Please Note: Requires the Broker Dealer is registered in your account and only Wirehouse/Institutional forms will produce)
- 5.) OPTIONAL: Add Comments for your own internal notes and select the NEXT button
- Enter any Hierarchy, Compensation or Custom Grid settings needed for the Rule you need to create.
- Select the "SUBMIT" button
HOW DO I EDIT RULES ALREADY BUILT?
- Select the 3 dots in the top right corner of the Rule card
- Select "EDIT" or "REMOVE" as needed.
HOW DO CARRIER RULES BLEND WITH SCHEDULE SETTINGS?
Carrier Rules are meant to override all associated settings. That means any settings placed in the carrier rule are blocked from editing in the request workflow......They cannot be modified in the hierarchy/Comp step of the request workflow.
However, any Hierarchy/Compensation settings that are not pre-set in your Carrier Rule, can be blended with your normal schedule settings.
How Does That Work?
As shown in the Banner request below, the GA Hierarchy details and the Compensation level is blocked from editing. these are both preset within the Carrier Rule that was built out.
All other Hierarchy details are free to edit within the request as needed.