SuranceBay offers subscribers of our service, the ability to set-up "Sub-Agency Access". This forum covers the following topics:
- What is a Sub-Agency?
- Custom Features
- Limitations of a Sub-Agency worker
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How to Get Started
- Video Overview of Sub-Agency Access to SureLC
- Answers to FAQ's
A Sub-Agency is simply a Producer or Agency within your downline that has their own downline of agents, and would like to manage their own producers as a sub-account.
This feature allows the Sub-Agency to:
- View their Producers
- Manage their Producer's profiles
- Hand-hold their Producers during the registration process
- Send out a Request/Review when an agent is ready to get contracted
- In some cases allow the Sub-Agency worker to process contract requests (Affiliate Processor feature)
A Sub-Agency is essentially piggy-backing on your SureLC account, but with limited access to SureLC functions.
Your agency can set up as many Sub-Agencies as needed if you elect to add this feature to your SureLC account.
There are many custom features that are all inclusive with the Sub-Agency feature. Click on any of the following topics to learn more about adding this feature to a particular Sub-Agency:
- Restrict Carriers
- Limit Product Selections
- Setup a Dedicated URL link
- Hide Parent Company Name
- Designate Hierarchy & Commission Schedules
- Set Strict Validation Rules
- Designate a Blanket Master E&O policy
WHAT LIMITATIONS DOES A SUB-AGENCY HAVE?
- Producer Access?
Sub-Agency workers only have access to their downline producers. Affiliations are setup to label and designate the group of Producers the Sub-Agency should have access to.
Please Note: Sub-Agency workers are limited to only one affiliation. They cannot be designated to multiple affiliations.
- Email Notifications:
The parent account owner receives all email notifications related to new registrations and requested contracts.
After a producer reviews their paperwork, an email confirmation is sent to your agency, not the sub-agency's email address.
- Who Processes Appointment Requests?
Part of the submission process is to setup hierarchy/compensation levels as well as selection of the forms. Typically only your Agency Administrators have the ability to do this.
Sub-Agency workers can submit producer appointment REQUEST/REVIEWS but are not able to actually process the paperwork UNLESS you have designated the sub-agency worker as an "Affiliate Processor". Sub-Agency workers designated as an Affiliate Processor can process contracting requests for the producers within their assigned affiliation.
NOTE: Since Affiliate Processors have access to process contracts, this also means they have access to comp/hierarchy schedule settings on that step of the request process.
- Submitting License Renewals:
Sub-Agency workers are NOT able to become a "SUBMITTER" for license renewals without having "Affiliate Processor" access.
(Please Note: "Affiliate Processors" have access to process contracts, which also provides access to comp/hierarchy schedule settings)
- Training & Support Help:
SuranceBay does not offer training sessions to your Sub-Agency worker(s). Your agency is responsible for the training and support of your Sub-Agencies.
Please do not advise your Sub-Agency administrator(s) to contact SuranceBay directly. If there is a true technical issue that needs to be addressed by the SuranceBay Support Team, you'll need to send a ticket to email@example.com describing the issue in detail so someone from our Support Team can assess the issue and get back with a resolution.
At this time Sub-Agency workers do not have access to any Web Reports
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- One time setup cost $1
- Monthly Fee $49.00 (applies to each affiliation that has Sub-Agency workers assigned to it)
There's a one-time fee of $1 to enable the Sub-Agency feature on your account. This setup fee allows you to create as many Sub-Agencies as you want. Additionally there's a monthly fee of $49 for EACH Sub-Agency you set up.
SuranceBay will not charge the Sub-Agency directly. All charges are billed to the Primary account.
It is SuranceBay's expectation that you do not provide Sub-Agencies with access to SuranceBay's support. Your agency should handle supporting each of your Sub-Agencies.
HOW TO GET STARTED
1.) First setup the feature:
- Go to your Agency L&C Setup page.
- Select the Billing Tab.
- Select the "Sub-Agency Access" button.
- Pay the $1 fee by selecting the "BUY" button within the Payment Details section.
2.) Setup the Affiliation Label:
- From the Agency L&C Setup page, select the Admins Tab.
- From the Affiliations Section select the "ADD" button.
- Entered the Preferred Name for this Sub-Agency group
- Select the SAVE button
3.) Setup the Sub-Agency Worker:
- From the Agency L&C Setup page, select the Admins Tab.
- From the L&C managers Section select the "ADD" button.
- Enter First Name, Last Name, Email of the Sub-Agency Worker
- Provide a Cell number if applicable
- In the AFFILIATIONS section "User is authorized to work with the producers who have the specified Affiliation......".
- Select & Highlight the matching Affiliation on the right side of screen.
- (optional) Select the Affiliate Processor checkbox to allow this user to process appointment requests for producers within the same affiliation.
- Select the "APPLY" button.
PLEASE NOTE: If you don't see the affiliation you need, you can change the radio button option to "Create new Affiliation this user is authorized to work with". This option will create the affiliation label you need all at the same time you are creating the Sub-Agency worker.
Q1. MULTIPLE AFFILIATIONS: Is it possible to have a Sub-Agency Worker who can work with more than one Affiliation?
A1. At this time, a Sub-Agency Worker can only work with one Affiliation.
Q2. SURANCEBAY EMAIL DISTRIBUTION: Are my Sub-Agency Workers signed up to receive email notices from SuranceBay?
A2. This is optional. By default, Sub-Agency Workers receive a welcome email informing them that you have added them as a Sub-Agency Worker. This email has their access credentials in addition to the link to install SureLC. We maintain a separate email distribution list for Sub-Agencies so they will only receive emails that are pertinent to them. They are not on the normal email distribution list as our Agency Users. See Sub Agency Email Signup for more details.
Q3. MULTIPLE SUB-AGENCY LEVELS: I have a Sub-Agency who also has a Sub-Agency underneath them. Does this functionality support multiple sub-agency levels? (BGA --> Sub-Agency --> Sub-Agency --> Producer)
A3. Not at this time. Currently, SureLC supports one Sub-Agency under the Primary account.
Q4. REPORTS: Can I run a report of how many appointment requests we processed for our Sub Agency?
A4. Yes. From your SureLC Home screen, click on Reports, then Appointments By Producer. Choose a time frame from those available and once the report loads, click on the column labeled Affiliation to sort the report. You can then click Export in the upper right hand corner of the screen and open the report in Excel for further sorting and/or saving and/or printing.
Q5. ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS: Who should I contact with any additional Questions?
A5. Contact SuranceBay at 877-264-6888, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.