SuranceBay currently works with 400+ agencies, 450+ insurance companies, and 160,000+ insurance agents. Throughout SuranceBay's Help Center SuranceBay uses common terminology.
This page defines the terminology used in our Help Center postings:
* Producers - otherwise known as agents, insurance agents or insurance producers. SuranceBay uses producers to define those users who have access limited to their required functions within SureLC.
* Sub-Agency Workers - Sub-Agency Workers have access to more functions than producers in SureLC. Sub-Agency Workers can perform the functions described in Sub-Agency Info. Note that Sub-Agency Workers and their access is an 'add-on' feature only available to those SureLC Agencies that subscribe to Sub-Agency Access.
* Agency Workers - also known as Administrators or Agency Workers can add producers to your SureLC account and process contracting paperwork. Also, Agency Workers or Administrators can access the Agency Setup within SureLC. For more information see Agency Setup within SureLC.
* Office Managers - Office Managers can do the same thing as Agency Workers but can also add or remove Agency Workers. Also, certain reports are available to Office Managers and not available to Agency Workers. Office Managers can also use the ADD CONFIG tool that is unavailable to Agency Workers.
- Producer Label or Producer Profile Card - see the screenshot below for an example. This term refers to what you see when you click on Info & Appointments.
- Business Entities - also called "Firms" are entities with an Employer Tax Identification Number.
- Institutions - Institutions are like Business Entities, except that they're normally major banks or broker-dealers. One of the key differences between Business Entities/Firms and Institutions is that Institutions typically do not have a signing officer.
- Principals - this term is used in different contexts. The key is understanding the context with which term appears. For example, if we say, "The Principal of the Business Entity", then we're referring to the Owner/Officer of the Business Entity set up in SureLC. If we say something like, "The Principal who signs off on the Carriers' Contracting paperwork....", then we're referring to that person who is set-up in Agency Setup > General Information who may be selected to sign off on the paperwork.
- BGA's - Brokerage General Agencies. Sometimes, SuranceBay will use the word "Agencies". These terms describe paying, subscribing clients to SuranceBay's software service solutions - SureLC.