This article describes the steps to purge from your SureLC account producers you are no longer associated with.
You should not be purging producers if
- They write business for you;
- You pay them commission;
- Their appointment to a carrier through you agency is still active.
You are entitled to one purge per year. Producers contracted within the last 24 months are not eligible for a purge.
To request a purge you send an e-mail to email@example.com. This creates a support ticket and you will be notified of the ticket completion. You can place three types of purge requests:
- Purge of Archived Producers
- Purge by Custom Criteria (This is a paid service)
- Purge by List (This is a paid service)
Purge of Archived Producers assumes that you change the status of the certain producers to Archived, one by one. Purge by Custom Criteria assumes that you come up with a condition that allows SuranceBay to find these producers for you. Purge by List allows you to provide a list and delegate archiving and purge to our support team: it's a paid service.
This is the most accurate way of purging. First, you change the state of all producers you want to purge, one-by-one, from Active to Archived. Once you are done, send the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you want to Purge Archived Producers in the title or the body of the e-mail.
Please note that producer archiving requires authority of the agency worker.
To archive a producer:
- Select Info & Appointments in SureLC home screen. Once in the Info & Appointments - search for the producer to remove.
- Click Pin or Comment in the Producer Card
- Select ARCHIVE
(If you archived a producer by mistake, select ACTIVE to add the Producer back to your active list.)
Viewing Archived Producers
To verify the list of all Archived Producers (see the picture below):
- Select Info & Appointments in SureLC home screen.
- Click All Active Producers in the upper right hand corner of the screen
- Select Archived Producers from the drop-down list of available filters
If you unintentionally archived a producer:
- Search for the producer to un-archive.
- Click Pin or Comment in the Producer Card
- Select ACTIVE
To return to the list of Active producers, click Archived Producers in the upper right hand corner of the screen, then choose All Active Producers from the drop-down list of available filters
Requesting the Purge
Once your agency has archived all producers ready for purging, please email email@example.com with a request to purge. This creates a support ticket. You will be notified of the ticket completion.
As an alternative to one-by-one archiving, you can e-mail your custom purge criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. This creates a support ticket. You will be notified of the ticket completion. This is a paid service, billable at $150/hr.
Below are a couple of examples of information to provide to SuranceBay for mass removal of producers:
- Please purge all producers who have done zero contracting with my agency in the past 6 months but who were registered in the system on or before mm/dd/yyyy. (The mm/dd/yyyy can not be less than two years from the date of request).
- Please purge all producers who no longer have an active insurance license.
Purge by list combines the precision of one-by-one archiving while allowing you to delegate it to our support team. This is a paid service, billable at $150/hr. You e-mail your list to email@example.com. This creates a support ticket to conduct archiving by one of our support specialists. You will be notified of the ticket completion along with the invoice.
Q1. How many times can I purge per year?
A1. You are entitled one purge per year.
Q2. Can I purge producers with appointment requests started, but not completed?
A2. Yes, you can, as long as the last processing of the appointment requests happened more than 24 months ago.
Q3. What happens if an agent is purged but subsequently comes back to work with my agency?
A3. A producer who was purged but subsequently comes back to your agency within a 12 month period, simply reconfirms answers to their background questions, address info, etc. If the producer is added back to your agency after 12 months of inactivity the producer must complete all portions of their profile again.
Q4. Do I have to pay to add the producer back?
A4. Yes - a new PDB Report from NIPR is pulled so there is a $3 fee to add the producer back to your agency. Also, if your agency is on the monthly subscription pricing, the producer will count towards your active producer quantity list.