From time to time agency workers using SureLC contact our Support Desk because they processed a new contracting request but never received the email with the contracting paperwork. There are many reasons this may occur. This article covers the steps your agency should take to rectify the problem.
For contracting purposes, SuranceBay uses the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to send emails to the recipient(s) selected via "Send To" in the final step of the new carrier contract request review.
- Carrier - When selected the contracting paperwork is sent to the carrier. Sometimes this option isn't available within SureLC, by design.
- BGA - When selected the contracting paperwork will be sent to the email address designated for your agency.
- Administrator - When selected the contracting paperwork will be sent to the email address of the logged-in user.
- Producer - When selected the producer will receive a copy of the new carrier contract request via email. Note that producers don't receive copies of Transmittal forms.
You can always determine the email address used for each selection by hovering your mouse cursor over the text of each option.
After you've processed a contract within SureLC you'll see a confirmation message stating "Email has been sent". When you see this message, SureLC has successfully sent the email to the designated recipient.
Assuming that you received the sent message the next step is to ensure that your email service provider has received the email.
IMPORTANT NOTE - Once SuranceBay displays the request was processed confirmation message, SuranceBay can do little to assist you in receiving these emails. However, the steps below can help you determine why you aren't receiving the emails.
- Check your spam or junk email folder. Often, when intended recipients don't receive emails from @surancebay.com, it's because the emails have been filtered to your spam or junk mail folder.
- It's best practice to add @surancebay.com as an authorized (or safe) sender of emails.
- Add email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and any other email addresses to your address book.
If you don't find the emails in your spam or junk mail folder, take the following steps:
- Ask your IT administrator to check your email server for messages from @surancebay.com that may have been filtered to spam, junk mail, or blacklisted. For example, if you use Google as your email service provider but utilize Outlook as your email client, it may be that Google auto-filtered the emails from @surancebay.com to their spam or junk folder which results in the email message never reaching your Outlook client.
- Your internet service provider or email client is filtering out emails from @surancebay.com. Whitelist the @surancebay.com email domain to prevent the filtering of emails.
- Please contact your IT department for more information.
If you continue to have problems contact email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist further with reconciling the issues.
When you need to get contracting paperwork to the carrier or upline and you're encountering email problems do the following:
1. Login to SureLC and click Producers.
2. Use the search field to locate the producer. Click on the Actions button and then select View Contracting Requests.
3. Click on the Actions button and then Download Email to obtain a copy of the email. Once opened the email can be reviewed and then forwarded to the desired recipient(s) along with all of the completed forms which are packaged together within the merged.pdf file attachment.
Alternatively, you can click Download Files to view all of the individual completed forms packaged together in the merged.pdf file attachment.
***Please Note: Integrated carrier contracting requests (carriers SureLC is integrated with) are moved to 'Completed' status when processed and will not be listed in the default view (All Open). Use the filter and change the status to 'Completed' to locate these contracting requests. ***