This article covers the different configurations available within Agency L&C Setup of SureLC:
- General Info Tab
- Admins Tab
- Carriers Tab
- E&O Tab
- Billing Tab
- Add Config Tab
- DBA Tab
- Services Tab
- Warning Messages and Best Practices
Once logged in to SureLC, click Agency L&C Setup.
Once you select Agency L&C Setup the General Info Screen displays by default.
This Section Describes Each Option.
- Name: This is your agency's name and is used on many sections of contracting paperwork. If your agency uses different names, enter your name as it is known by the insurance companies. For example, suppose your agency markets itself as "ABC Agency" but you are known to the carriers as "XYZ Agency", enter "XYZ Agency".
- EIN: Enter the Employer Identification Number associated with your Name field.
- Manager: Enter the name of the Contracting Manager at your agency. The name in this section is used on email notices as well as on carrier contracting paperwork generated by SureLC. You may leave this blank or enter something like "Contracting Manager" in this field.
- Email: Enter the email address for the Contracting Manager or your agency's generic Contracting email address. Do not leave this field blank as it causes problems with emails and fields applied to carrier contracting paperwork.
- Phone: Enter the phone number dedicated to your agency's contracting department. If you don't have a dedicated phone number for your contracting department, enter your agency's primary contact phone number. The phone number entered is used on email templates and carrier contracting paperwork.
- Fax: Enter the fax number dedicated to your agency's contracting department. If you don't have a dedicated fax number for your contracting department, enter your agency's primary fax number. The fax number entered is used on email templates and carrier contracting paperwork.
- Use GA Address: Some agencies prefer to use the agency's mailing address instead of the producer's mailing address on all carrier contracting forms. Select this checkbox only if you want the mailing address applied to all of your producer's contracting paperwork. If you want to use specific addresses on a per-carrier basis or for a group of producers, do not select this checkbox.
- Use Agency eMail: This selection is very similar to the 'Use GA Address' selection. By selecting this option, SureLC will allow you to specify an Appointment Email address in place of the producer's email on contracting paperwork so that carriers contact your agency directly. Select this option only if you want to replace the producer's email with a dedicated Appointment Email on all carrier contracting paperwork for all producers.
- Notify on producer creation: With this checkbox selected, your agency will receive an email any time a producer registers themself using your agency's dedicated SureLC-Web link.
- DBA Templates: Selecting this checkbox enables an additional tab within Agency Setup called "DBA". See DBA Tab for more information.
- Use Affiliation Name: When selected, this option will replace your agency name with the producer's affiliation name in the following places:
- On the Add Producer screens where producers register themself in SureLC under your agency
- In the signature section of emails that are sent to producers and carriers where applicable (some emails will still use the agency name vs the Affiliation name).
- This will also enable the Contact per affiliation option in the Affiliations section on the Admins tab, which allows your agency to enter custom contact info for each affiliation separately.
- Show Affiliations List: SureLC subscribers are provided unique SureLC-Web link (URL) that their producers use to register themselves and complete their requisite workflows. If you select this checkbox, producers can view and select from the list of Affiliations set up by your agency for producers. If not selected, producers only see the normal registration screen and your agency must designate the producer's affiliation. This is what producers see on the registration screen when you select this option. This is what producers see on the registration screen when you do not select this option.
- Suspend Retrieval: Selecting this checkbox will prevent SureLC from immediately displaying all your agency's producers when you open the Producers module and instead requires you to search for a producer. When deselected, clicking on Producers in SureLC displays all of your producers automatically. (You can still search for the desired producer, though). If you have many thousands of producers, selecting this option will improve the performance of the Producers module by avoiding extra load times.
- Affiliation Required: When enabled, this option requires your agency workers to specify an affiliation for every producer they add to your agency's SureLC account. This rule only applies when agency workers add the producer - it does NOT require producers to select an affiliation when registering themself.
- ClearCert Enabled: SuranceBay offers integration with ClearCert. When selected, this checkbox means that your agency subscribes to the integration with ClearCert. Only SuranceBay's Front Desk Team can enable this service after receiving notice from ClearCert that your agency has signed up for the integration. CLICK HERE for more information on the integration between SureLC and ClearCert.
- Validation Rules - Choose the information that is required in a producer's profile before he or she can request an appointment.
- Licenses - SureLC stands for Sure Licensing & Contracting. In SureLC, we provide users the ability to renew or procure state licenses directly. More Information can be found by CLICKING HERE. The Licenses button within this section designates the frequency of automated license expiration email notifications to your producers, to your agency, or both.
- Office Phones - SureLC can insure that phone numbers used in producers' profiles aren't re-used too frequently. This prevents agencies working with producers from entering their phone numbers in producers' profiles. However, we know that your agency may work with a group of producers (for example, a call center) where all the producers have a shared phone number such as 800-555-1212. To prevent SureLC issuing warning messages related to the same phone number being used redundantly across multiple producers, use Office Phones to manually designate a shared phone number used by many different producers. After entering the phone numbers in this section, SureLC will not issue warning messages for these phone numbers used across multiple producers' profiles.
- Mailing Address: Enter the mailing address for your agency.
- Business Address: Enter the business address for your agency.
- Storage Options: By default, SureLC auto-saves processed contracting paperwork directly to the computer used by the agency worker. However, if your agency workers' computer workstations are connected to a network drive, you may designate a shared location to save all processed contracting paperwork. Contact your IT department for more details.
- Principals: Most carriers within SureLC require one person to sign off on their contracting paperwork. When a carrier requires only one person to sign off on the producer's appointment request (contracting paperwork), during the Appointment Processing phase of SureLC, the system lists the available persons who can "sign" from this section. For example, suppose your agency works with 10 carriers, and for all 10 carriers, "John Doe" is the person who signs off on the paperwork. You want to insure to designate that "John Doe" is a Principal in this section. (You must first add John Doe as a producer before designating him as a Principal.) As another example, suppose your agency works with 10 carriers, and "John Doe" signs off on 7 carriers, but 'Suzy Q.' signs off on the other 3 carriers. Make sure that you add Suzy Q. as a producer and as a Principal so her signature is available to select during the Appointment Processing Phase of SureLC.
Only those users with Office Manager roles can access the Admins Tab in Agency Setup. The Admins Tab is where Office Managers add/remove Agency Workers or Sub-Agency Workers.
Adding an Agency Worker
• Select ADD.
• Enter First Name, Last Name and E-Mail Address - their e-mail address will be their log in username.
• Enter Cell Number - This is optional and only used as an identifier if this user need to reset his or her password.
• Roles - Select the new agency worker's role. Check the box for office manager to give the new agency worker access to the Admins tab. Only office mangers can manage agency worker profiles and affiliations.
• Click Apply to create the new user profile.
The new user will receive an activation e-mail that includes a link to activate their new account and create their login password. That e-mail comes from firstname.lastname@example.org. If the new user does not receive the e-mail, have them check their spam/junk folder.
- Add this user to our email distribution list - This insures the Agency Worker receives all important communications/updates from SureLC. Note that the newly added person receives an email to confirm their desire to receive email communications from SuranceBay.
- Office Manager - By selecting Office Manager, you designate this person has the ability to add or remove administrative users in your SureLC account.
- "?" Mark - Click on the "?" for more information.
The video below is an overview of adding an administrative worker to SureLC:
Add an Affiliation
To add an Affiliation, click on the Add button and then enter the Affiliation name in the New Affiliation Name field, and click Save.
Remove an Affiliation
To Remove an Affiliation, click on the Affiliation in your list, then click Remove.
The Carriers tab will contain only one available/selected carrier for agencies that use SureLC One.
Remove a Carrier Your Agency Does Not work with:
Click the trashcan icon to remove a carrier from your Selected list. This will move it back to your Available list.
To Add a Carrier your Agency Works With:
HINT: Using the SEARCH field in the upper right hand corner reduces the list and helps locate the carrier.
On a per-carrier basis, you can enter pre-designated values for Hierarchy and Commissions to apply to your carriers' transmittal forms.
- Default Schedule - The default schedule should be setup for the most common hierarchy & commissions.
- Add Schedule - Select to add additional schedules. Be sure to give schedules a meaningful name to make it easy to differentiate between them.
- Rename - Use to give an existing schedule a new name.
- Remove - Use to delete an existing schedule.
- Set Schedule Affiliations - Use to determine if a schedule should be an option for producers who are members of different affiliations.
- Set Default Signatures - Click to setup the default signer for the selected schedule. Please note default signatures are carrier and schedule specific and must be setup for each schedule where they should be applied.
- Agency Code - Enter your agency's code for the carrier.
- Commissions Level - Enter the desired commissions level
- Hierarchy - Complete the hierarchy section as it relates to the carriers' specific transmittal PDF forms section so they know who to pay. CLICK HERE to review a basic training video on Hierarchy & Commissions related to the insurance industry.
- Set Product Lines - Designates, on a per-affiliation and per-carrier basis, which products your producers can choose when completing a new appointment request.
- Set States - Designates, on a per-carrier basis, which states your producers can choose when completing a new appointment request. States enabled here will ONLY be an option for a producer when they have an active license for that state.
- Set affiliations - While your agency may work with 50 carriers, your agency may work with a group of producers who are restricted to working with only a subset of these 50 carriers (e.g. 10 carriers out of 50). Using this option, you designate on a per-affiliation basis, whether the producer can request appointments for the carrier. For more information please review our posting on Affiliations.
- Download forms - Click this button to open a folder on your computer that displays the current blank PDF contracting forms for the selected carrier.
- Carrier Alias - Select to setup an alias which will replace the carrier name on the carriers list. This alias will be shown instead of the original carrier name.
- Is Primary Carrier - This option is only used when your agency requires custom forms to be completed by your producers BEFORE they will be able to submit new contract request for the selected carrier.
- Use GA Address - If available, select this checkbox to apply your agency's address as the mailing address for all your producers' contracting paperwork for the selected carrier as designated in Agency Setup > General Information Tab.
- Strict checkbox - When the carrier's forms require information on everyone in the hierarchy (including the Producer you're contracting) and you must indicate where in the hierarchy your producer is placed (may not be the lowest level).
• Lincoln Financial (on their Comp Builder forms)
• American National (On their Contract Checklist page)
• Forethought (This carrier has multiple transmittals for each product line. The STRICT option allows you to select the "Applicant" level for each Product line)
The E&O Tab in Agency Setup streamlines the input of data and E&O declaration pages for one or more groups of your producers.
Do not enter your agency's E&O policy here -- SureLC does not need your agency's E&O policy.
What goes here, if applicable, is the group of producers associated by their affiliation who are covered under either a "blanket" or "certificate" type E&O policy.
To add a new policy click the Add E&O button and then select the type of policy you would like to add.
Use the left pane to enter the policy information. This includes the Policy #, Carrier name, Case Limit & total, Certificate # (if available), start date, and expiration date. Use the right pane to select who to cover (which affiliations or select cover all available if applicable) and then upload the policy.
- Blanket Policy Type - A blanket policy is when the E&O Declaration Page, the policy number, limits, etc. covers all producers with the designated affiliation. Producers with an affiliation covered under this blanket policy do not need to upload a certificate of coverage or enter any data on their E&O tab in their SureLC profile because this blanket policy already covers everything the agent would enter. Because E&O insurance is an annual policy - simply updating the information in Agency Setup > E&O Tab automatically updates what's in the producer's SureLC profile.
- Certificate Policy Type - Certificate type policies are those where almost all the data for the E&O policy is the same for the group of producers (based on affiliations) covered under this policy. Producers are issued their own E&O Declaration page and have their own Certificate # but the policy # and amounts remain the same. By setting up this policy type producers, on their E&O Tab in their SureLC profile, enter only their Certificate # and upload their E&O declaration page; all other information is pre-filled for them based on the information you enter into the Agency Setup > E&O Tab.
The Billing tab is not available to agencies who use SureLC One. Contact your sponsoring carrier with billing questions.
Click Billing to view the agency's options for managing billing in SureLC. :
- Sub-Agency Access - CLICK HERE for details about this.
- Receipt email - The member of your team who receives the receipt of payments.
- Subscriptions - Area where you maintain your ongoing subscription details (if applicable).
- Transactions - Displays the current ban" in SureLC and lets you add funds, if necessary, for your individual transactions.
- Payment details - Displays a quick view of the current amount due.
- Payment method - Displays the payment method chosen and on file with SureLC.
If you have a monthly subscription plan for SureLC you can see your current volume and contracted rate in this section. This area also displays when the subscription expires and your current producer count in SureLC.
With SureLC you create and maintain a bank for your individual transactions, such as importing and maintaining the Producer Data Base (PDB) reports from the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR) or transaction service costs for appointments if you have a "per appointment" monthly billing plan. SureLC offers auto-replenishment for the transactions "bank"making it easy to handle your billing needs freeing you from having to check and update for your agency. Follow these steps to enable this service.
Adding a Payment Method:
In SureLC Billing and Payments, add credit card or checking account information for ease of billing and maintaining your Transactions Bank.
- Go to the Agency L&C Setup page.
- Select the "Billing Tab".
- Click "Add payment method" button.
- Select the "ADD" button
- You'll be navigated to a separate secure web page.
- Choose the type of account "Credit Card" or "Bank Account".
- Enter the account details.
- Select the "SAVE" button when done.
- Once saved, SureLC displays the new payment method added.
- Select the "Back To Process" button.
- You'll now be returned to the first screen with the Subscription and Transactions data.
10. Check Automatically Extend: Enable under monthly subscription. When you check this box, the system charges the credit card or checking account on file each month for the subscription amount due.
11. Add Auto-replenishment as a billing feature in Transactions. This purchases and loads into the Transactions Bank the amount selected whenever the bank reaches the minimum threshold.
12. Click on Auto-replenishment and scroll to the amount to add. Now the service is set up for the amount chosen when the bank is less than the minimum allowed.
13. If you set up your account with a credit card, enter the credit card security code in the red box in the credit card information. Buy is now enabled.
14, Click Buy and SureLC processes the payment immediately and emails a receipt to the 'Receipt email:' contact person. Payment process successfully displays.
15. Click Close and then click Home in the upper left hand corner to complete the Billing and Payments process.
Why would you use the Add Config tool?
Office Managers use this tab to create specific URL links for a variety of reasons, each specific to an affiliation's needs:
- Working with Sub-Agencies and you need the Sub-Office to view only their assigned producers.
- Working with Broker-Dealers and you need your agency's company name to be invisible to these BD Reps.
- Working with large agencies that require standard DBA settings. (Perhaps all agents need to be setup as LOA solicitors for a particular affiliation)
WHAT information can be customized, by affiliation, using the Add Config tool?
- Affiliation Link the producer automatically to a specific affiliation.
- Agency Make your agency's company name invisible during registration. Only the affiliation's name is visible.
- Phone, Fax, Cell Preset the Phone, Fax and Cell for downline agents tagged to an affiliation.
- Invitation CC/BCC Setup CC and BCC email addresses to be copied on the invitation email as producers register with the link created.
- DBA Type Preset how all producers are set up on their DBA tab (Individual, Business Entity or LOA).
- Start Page Specify the landing page for your Producers and Agency Workers linked to a specific affiliation.
How do I get started in creating a customized link?
Create the AFFILIATION NAME in your SureLC account. Click HERE for directions on how to add an Affiliation and create an Affiliation Link.
The DBA Tab in Agency Setup allows your agency to set up default values on a per-affiliation basis for use on carrier contracting paperwork. For example, if your agency works with a group of producers that have the affiliation of "cool group" and all producers with the "cool group" affiliation should have the same email address, phone #, fax # applied to their carrier contracting paperwork, use this tab. You can also auto-designate this Affiliations DBA Type.
Keep in mind that when you add a new template, that template name needs to match EXACTLY with the Affiliation you created.
Example: If you created a new Affiliation called Cool Group, but created a DBA template and called it simply cool group (no capitals) then the DBA template would not work. You would need to create a DBA template called Cool Group (with capitals) in order for the template to work correctly.
The Services Tab allows you to manage different "services" available for your agency and your producers. Currently, the only "service" you can control is offering producers associated with your agency the ability to purchase E&O Insurance through their SureLC account. By default, all producers associated with your account who have expired E&O or whose E&O is coming up for expiration (next 30 days), receive email notices from SuranceBay inviting them to either update their E&O or purchase E&O directly in SureLC. CLICK HERE for more details on the E&O Program administered by CalSurance.
Producers logged in to their SureLC portal can also purchase, or update, their E&O insurance on the E&O Tab.
Disabling or Modifying E&O Email Notifications & the ability to purchase E&O Insurance through SureLC
1. Click Agency L&C Setup > Services.
2. Enter a Profile Name; call it something descriptive like "E&O Opt Out"
Make sure you select only those Affiliations that you do not want to receive email notices or the ability to purchase E&O Insurance.
3. De-select options as needed under E&O Program Settings. For example: You can opt out of allowing your producers to buy E&O coverage through SureLC, but you can still choose to send your producer e-mail reminders when their E&O coverage is about to expire. If you want to opt out of all features, deselect the first and second check boxes.
4. Once you have deselected the check boxes as needed, click on the Edit Profile button, then click Apply Changes.
It's best to use the producer's real information in SureLC. Don't try to fool the system. If you try to fool the system for particular use-cases, there's most likely a better way for you accomplish what you are doing.
If you enter something into SureLC that is not actual data for the producer for a reason that resonates in the back of your mind - chances are that you're doing something that will cause problems down the road. Remember, you can call us at 877-264-6888 or email us at email@example.com to answer your questions.
Suspicious Email Address or Phone Number
There are several places in SureLC where you might see a message about suspicious email addresses being used or phone numbers being used, which may look like the following:
This means you are using the same e-mail and or phone number too often when adding producers. You are required to use the producer's actual e-mail address and phone number.
If a number of producers do use the same phone number because they work in the same office:
- Go to Agency Set Up and click Office Phones.
- Click Add Phone and enter the phone number, then press Add Phone again to save.
Using the Same Email Address for a Group of Producers
Review the posting about using Affiliations Within SureLC.
Make sure that the producer's real email address is included both in the producer's NIPR Tab, as well as their DBA Tab. To use just one email address for all of your producers for carriers' contracting paperwork, select the Use Agency Email checkbox from the General Info Tab.
If you want the same email address for a group of producers based on their affiliation to be applied to carrier contracting paperwork (instead of global), then review the section on using the DBA Tabs within Agency Setup.