Agency Training Preparation
On behalf of everyone at SuranceBay, we appreciate your business and look forward to working with your agency.
At this point our office should have contacted you to schedule your agency's training webinar. Follow these instructions so our training call is as productive as possible.
Training Setup – Rather than watching us do the training, it's more productive for us to walk you through using SureLC. Therefore, the primary person at your agency responsible for licensing & contracting should host the meeting.
· The primary L&C person should login to the training meeting from the computer that they will run SureLC.
· We will enable for this person to host the meeting. Instructions on how to do this will be included with the training calendar invite.
· If you use a conference room to host the meeting, make sure the computer used during the training session has the SureLC software installed.
Agency Codes for Carriers – Part of the initial training in SureLC includes setting up default hierarchy and compensation schedules to eliminate redundant data on carrier transmittal pages. Select three of your high volume carriers and gather the following data.
· Your Agency's assigned carrier codes. These reflect the contract number the carrier assigned to your agency as the upline on your Producer's contract requests.
· The typical street level you intend the carrier to pay out to your agents. Ensure the level is in the same language the carrier recognizes.
Example: Banner Life has levels indicated as AB80, or AB85, or ABNCA etc.....
Sample Producers – During your training session, you will add a producer to SureLC. If possible, this producer should be your Agency's Signing Officer.
Make sure your sample producer has an active state insurance license. Also have the following data available. Use our prepared setup packet (Click Here) to gather this information.
· Social Security number
· Email address
' Resident state license number
· Phone #, Fax #, and Cell #
· Residential address and Mailing address
· Date of AML training completion, and Provider Name (LIMRA password, if available)
· Voided check (saved as a PDF)
· E&O insurance certificate (saved as a PDF)
· A signed Signature Authorization form. (saved as a PDF)
We have several articles and videos you can look through for reference. We encourage reviewing this before the training. These training materials are available for quick reference by selecting HELP on your SureLC home page.
· Click Here to view these helpful training articles.
If you have any questions before the training webinar, please contact us.
SuranceBay Support Team