*** NOTICE: If either Reader 2019 or Acrobat 2019 are installed, SureLC will not run. ***
With the latest version of macOS from Apple, some changes were introduced that have affected compatibility with SureLC. This is due to an issue with Adobe Air, which SureLC utilizes. A temporary work-around has been detailed below, which should allow you to continue using SureLC on your Apple computer.
The following workaround to allow Adobe Air to work on the newest version of macOS will not work with the newest versions of Reader and Acrobat. If you have Acrobat 2019 installed, please Click Here for the alternative workarounds.
Using Adobe Air and SureLC macOS
To install AIR and SureLC, please use the following guide:
- Make sure that SureLC is uninstalled.
- Install this version of Adobe AIR
- You will most likely receive the following error, but that is OK. Simply click "OK" to close the error.
- Open Terminal (e.g., click on the magnify glass in the top right corner of the screen, and type "terminal")
- In Terminal, type (or copy/paste) the following: cd /Library/Frameworks and press Enter/Return
- Then type (or copy/paste) the following in Terminal: sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine "Adobe AIR.framework" and press Enter/Return
- You will then be prompted to enter you user password for your macOS account. Once you type it in, press Enter/Return.
- Once these steps are complete, you can install SureLC by Clicking Here
After installing SureLC, please open SureLC to ensure that the workaround for AIR was done successfully.
You will most likely get the following error:
This error is just letting you know that Reader or Acrobat are not installed, which is expected at this stage. To resolve this, close SureLC and then install Reader 2018 by Clicking Here to download the Reader 2018 install file. Once installed, re-open SureLC to ensure that you do not get an error.
If you receive an error, or need additional assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using Acrobat 2019 on macOS with SureLC
The above workaround to enable Adobe Air to work on the newest version of macOS will not work with Reader 2019 or Acrobat 2019. The version of AIR that is required will crash when trying to communicate with these 2019 versions.
If you only have Reader 2019 and would like to use SureLC, you should remove that version, and install Reader 2018 by Clicking Here to download the Reader 2018 install file. Then follow the steps above to enable the workaround.
If you use a paid version of Acrobat 2019, that will require one of a few potential alternative workarounds, because Adobe does not allow you to downgrade your paid version to Acrobat 2018. Please review these workarounds for Acrobat:
- Remove Acrobat 2019 and Install Acrobat 2018, if the Acrobat 2018 license is available to you.
- Setup a virtual machine on your Apple computer. On the virtual machine you can install SureLC and the programs needed to run SureLC.
- Use the web version of SureLC (https://surelc.surancebay.com/sbweb) instead of the desktop version.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.