The Producers page is where registered producer profiles are stored and managed by agency admins.
The producers page lists ALL active registered producers alphabetically in the default view. Anytime you have a producer who completes self-registration or is added to your SureLC One account from the producers page a new profile will be created and added here. The producers page will be used to perform the following actions. Review the information in each section to learn how to use the producers page.
How to Access the Producers Page
Login to your SureLC admin account using your web browser. The Producers page will be loaded by default. Or, if you're already logged in, select Producers in the navigation menu to access this screen. Select any producer name in the first column to open their profile. Each producer row shows additional information about the producer. Review the information below to learn how to use the producer screen.
How to Register a Producer
Step 1: Login to SureLC for Agencies as an admin and go to the Producers page. This is the default landing page.
Step 2: Select the +Add Producer button on the top right.
Step 3: Enter the producer's social security number, last name, and date of birth. Once entered, SureLC will check with NIPR to make sure they are a licensed agent (as shown in the example below). When verified, you'll be able to complete the registration by entering the producer's email address and phone number. You'll also be able to decide whether or not you want to send the producer their account activation email now, or later using the check box at the bottom of the screen (if you don't want to send this now you can send it later from the producers page / actions list when ready). Select the create account button to add the producer to your SureLC account.
Please note: ONLY licensed agents with a valid NPN # and active state license can be registered. For brand new agents you may have to wait a couple of days for their information to be completely updated with NIPR before they can be registered in SureLC.
Step 4: Once registered, the producer will receive an email with a link to click to activate their account and to create their login password. Their profile will also be opened automatically for review.
Example of account activation email received by the agent:
How to Review & Update Producer Profiles
Use the search field to locate the producer profile. Once found, select the producer name to open the producer profile.
Producer profiles store information about each producer which is used to fill out carrier contracting forms. Profiles are made up of multiple pages or tabs as shown in the following example. Use the tabs at the top of the profile to switch between the pages that make up the profile. Initially, after a producer registeres with an agency their data is imported fron the National Insurance Producucer Registry (NIPR).
Red Dots - Indicate if there is something missing within the producer profile. In the example above, the background questions, EFT info, and E&O insurance have not been provided by the producer. These issues will need to be resolved before they will be able to submit any new carrier contract requests.
Yellow Dots - Indicate incomplete information, however will not block producers from submitting new carrier contract requests. These issues may need to be resolved at a later time.
Please note all producer profile information is available to producers within the "SureLC for Producers" web interface. The following example shows the producer's view of their profile. The main difference between the agency view and the producer view is how the profile is navigated. In the agency view, all of the pages are listed at the top. In the producer's view, they are to the left.
The initial information shown in the producer profile is imported from NIPR, the National Insurance Producer registry upon registration (when the producer's account is added to the SuranceBay system). If the producer already has an active account with another agency, their information will be pulled from the SuranceBay system. Most of the information in the profile is universal across all of the producer's accounts with the exception of how they are doing business with each agency (DBA tab) and the contracts that are processed with each agency (Contracts & Contracting Requests).
Select any of the tabs below to review the information and settings on each page:
This tab shows the producer's personal and contact information. Review the details below for more information about the information contained in each section.
1. Full Name - This section shows the producer's first, middle, and last name.
2. Personal Information - This section shows the producer's SSN, NPN#, date of birth, gender, and marital status. Please note you can click on the eye icon to view the full SSN. Please note the SSN, NPN, and date of birth were imported from NIPR and are read-only.
Synchronize WITH NIPR - Select to pull updated DOB and/or last name changes from the NIPR database into the producer profile. This is useful when there is a last name change due to marriage or an issue with the DOB. Once the information is updated with the state DOI and NIPR the changes can be pulled into SureLC.
3. Contact Information - This section shows the producer's contact information that will be used on the contracting forms. This includes their contact email, phone, fax, and cell numbers.
Email Field - This value is unique per producer and is set to the contact email provided during producer registration. This email address field is not used on contracting paperwork. The email address in the producer's DBA tab is applied to carrier contracting paperwork. This email value is where the producer will receive email correspondence from the SuranceBay system.
4. Driver's License - When producers add their driver's license information within their profile it will be shown here. This can also be updated from here as well by agency admins. Please note this information is optional.
5. Address Information - This section shows the producer's business, mailing, and residential addresses which will be used on the carrier contracting form.
Mailing Address - This is the mailing address NIPR has on file. The mailing address on this tab is not populated on carrier contracting paperwork. The mailing address in the producer's DBA tab is applied to the producer's carrier contracting paperwork unless your settings in Agency Setup override these settings.
Business Address - This is the business address NIPR has on file. The business address on this tab is not populated on carrier contracting paperwork. The business address in the producer's DBA tab is applied to the producer's carrier contracting paperwork unless your settings in Agency Setup override these settings.
This tab tells the system how the producer will be doing business with your agency. The selection chosen will determine which contracting forms will be filled out along with state and product selections for the producer's carrier contracts. It also affects how commissions are paid to the producer.
1. Doing Business As - The option chosen will determine how the producer will be doing business with your agency. One of the following selections must be chosen to complete the DBA setup.
Individual - Select when you want carrier commissions to be paid directly to the producer. When selected the producer receives commissions directly from the insurance company at the set commission rate. The producer will receive 1099 from the insurance company with their SSN at the end of the year.
Business Entity - Select when the applicant is an Owner or Officer of a business entity that has an Employer Identification Number and commissions are paid directly to the Business Entity's bank account.
License Only Agent - Also known as "Solicitors". Select when the producer will be soliciting business for another individual or business. This selection is for the applicants who:
- Need to be appointed by a carrier
- Do not Receive commissions directly from the carrier
- Are not an Owner or Officer of a Business Entity
When selected, commissions will be paid to the producer by the business or individual they are soliciting for which will happen outside the SuranceBay system. Please also note that bank account information will not be collected for license-only agents.
Institutional - By default, Institutional is not available for all agencies. Only those agencies that need this option will see this option. Contact email@example.com for more information on adding this selection.
Please note: Unless your Agency Setup configurations override the producer's values, the phone #, fax #, mailing address, business address, email address, etc. information applied to the carrier's contracting forms are obtained from the producer's DBA tab.
2. Additional options -
Has solicitors - Select when the producer will have license-only agents soliciting for them as either an individual or business.
Assigning commissions - This option can be selected when a producer as their DBA is set up as an individual and wants to pay their commissions to a beneficiary.
3. Contact Information for Contracting - This section shows the producer's contact information which will be used for new carrier contract requests and populated onto the required carrier forms. This included the producer's phone, fax, email, and addresses. Please note this information is pulled from the My Profile page by default but can be edited as needed.
The licenses tab receives information from NIPR, the National Insurance Producer Registry automatically either daily (when NIPR alerts are enabled) or weekly (on Sundays). For more information about these guidelines Click Here.
This tab is for informational purposes only and requires no entries. The default tab shows the producer's active state licenses.
1. Add Manually - Select to manually add a state license to the producer profile. Please note that state licenses are updated either the next day (if your agency is using NIPR Alerts) or weekly on Sundays (when not using NIPR alerts). Normally, license information does not need to be manually added. This option is only used as a temporary workaround when the license information has not yet been added to the SureLC profile. This action is only necessary when license information is not yet available within the National Insurance Producer Registry database.
2. License Cards - The licenses section shows a list of ALL active state licenses. Licenses are listed alphabetically by state and license number at the top. Additional details are provided below which include license class, lines of authority, effective and expiration date at the bottom.
3. Become Submitter - Select when you want to set yourself up as a submitter. Once authorized a submitter can process license renewals on behalf of the producer. When enabled the "Renew" button will be added to the license page to be used to process license renewals for eligible licenses.
Please note this feature is only available when "Agency manages licenses" is enabled within Agency Setup.
4. Application Status - Use this option to check the status of pending license renewal orders processed through SureLC.
5. Settings - Select to check and see if license renewal emails are enabled for the producer. When enabled the producer will receive an email reminder to renew their state licenses before expiration.
6. Licence Card Banners - These will be shown when a license will be expiring and when a license can be renewed. Please note that both producers and your agency can process state license renewals right in SureLC by selecting the "Renew" button on the license card when shown.
This tab is used to tell the system if the producer is registered with FINRA via the broker check website. When registered and 'Yes' is selected SureLC will attempt to pull in the CRD information automatically by doing a name search. FINRA registration is required when producers want to sell variable annuity products.
Please note: When FINRA is set up as a validation rule, FINRA registration will be required before producers will be able to submit any new carrier contract requests.
The Electronic Fund Transfer tab is where banking information is added to the producer profile and where producers will be paid their commissions. This tab is only visible for producers doing business as either an "Individual" or "Business Entity" (on their DBA tab) as they're the only ones receiving commissions from the carrier.
Please note in the producer profile view this page is called "Bank Info" and where they will provide their bank account number, bank routing number, account type, and voided check or a bank letter.
1. Information Banners - This banner will be shown when banking information is required and it has not been provided by the producer. Select 'Fix' to go to the bank info page.
2. Add Bank Info - Select to add banking information to the producer profile.
3. Blank EFT Form / Send form - Select to send the bank info form to the producer via email. This is only needed when the producer doesn't have access to a voided check.
4. Blank EFT Form / View Form - Select to view the blank EFT form.
This tab shows all of the active/completed carrier contracts that were processed via your SureLC agency account. Existing contracts that were active before the producer profile was added to your SureLC agency account can also be manually recorded here for reference.
1. Active Contract Example 1 - This contract example shows an Accendo contract that was completed on 12/20/2021. Once a pending contract is marked completed on the contracting requests tab it will be listed on the contracts tab. The information shown includes the carrier name, products, agent number, and start date. By default details are collapsed. Select the carrier row to review the contract details.
2. Active Contract Example 2 - This second contract example shows an AIG contract. Notice how the row is collapsed. If there is a problem with the assigned agent number the text will be shown with yellow text.
3. Record Existing Contract- Select to add an active contract to the producer profile that was in place prior to the producer registering a SureLC profile with your agency.
4. Actions - Select the options button when you want to edit or terminate an active contract within the SureLC profile. Please note terminating a contract in SureLC does not send anything to the carrier.
The History tab is used by the producer to provide the last 7 years of their employment and residential history. The History Tab purposely omits the red/yellow dots validation because the information entered here is used for state licensing purposes. You may enter as little or as much information into this tab as required. When a producer applies for or renews a state license and the History Tab is not completed, you are prompted to enter the required information during the state license application process.
1. Employment Records - This section is used to review or add the last 7 years of employment history for the producer.
2. Address History - Select to review or add the last 7 years of residential history for the producer.
3. Add Employment - Select to add past employment information.
4. To/From - Shows past employment with the company name, position, and address along with the date from and to. date the producer was employed from and to for the entry.
5. Edit/Delete - Select the pencil icon to edit the information shown or the trashcan icon to delete the entry.
This tab is used by producers to add proof that they took an appropriate training course needed to get appointed with their carriers.
1. Training Concierge - With the producer's permission the training concierge can be used to automatically import training course information from the supported provider's website and added to the producer profile automatically. This is the best option to ensure the producer's training information is up to date. The SurancBay system will check for updates to training information with each new contract request to ensure the most recent information is included with each new carrier contract request when required.
2. Anti-Money Laundering - This section is used to add any anti-money laundering courses that were completed by the producer. Most carriers require that a supported AML course be completed within the last 2 years before the producer can submit new business.
Add Certification - Use this button to manually add AML course information and certificate to the producer profile.
Start Training - This button shows some popular options to the producer where they can obtain AML certification.
Please Note: SuranceBay has a free AML course your producers can take advantage of which can be accessed from the Start Training button or directly from aml.surancebay.com.
3. Best Interest - This section is used to add NY 187 Best interest training certification to the producer profile. Select Add Training to add this information to the producer profile.
4. Annuity State - This section is used to add annuity state training certification to the producer profile. Select Add Training to add this information to the producer profile. Reciprocity will be shown when applicable.
5. LTC State - This section is used to add LTC state training certification to the producer profile. Select Add Training to add this information to the producer profile. Reciprocity will be shown when applicable.
6. AHIP Medicare - This section is used to add AHIP Medicare state training certification to the producer profile. Select Add Training to add this information to the producer profile. Reciprocity will be shown when applicable.
7. Fed Marketplace -This section is used to manually add Federally Facilitated Marketplace training information. Click the "Add Training" button to add and upload proof of your FFM training course and details.
8. Designations - SureLC automatically searches designationcheck.com for the producer's name and adds any possible matching results to the list of possible designations, which will be displayed in this section. Producers can select each designation icon to see more information about that possible designation and to confirm whether it is a correct match or add them manually using the Add Designation button.
This tab stores the current copy of the Errors and Omissions insurance policy information and declaration page. Any group policies assigned to the producer will be added automatically. Individual E&O policies can be added by the producer or agency on this page. To add an E&O policy to the producer profile select "Add Existing Policy".
Next, upload the E&O policy declaration page (this should only be a couple of pages max). Once uploaded make sure the policy information in the fields provided matches the policy and then select Save & Exit to update the producer profile.
Once added, the E&O policy will be shown at the top of the page:
Please note that if a group policy has been added via Agency Settings and applies to the producer profile it will be added to the producer profile automatically and shown at the top of this page.
Blanket Policies - Active blanket E&O master group policies will automatically be added to the producer profile when applicable (if the policy is active).
Certificate Policies - Policy info will automatically be added to the producer profile with the exception of the E&O certificate declaration page. With certificate policies, the producer or agency must add the group policy certificate to the group policy on this page.
All producers must review and sign the SuranceBay signature authorization form. This form gives SuranceBay and your agency permission to fill out the contracting paperwork on your producer's behalf. It also provides a copy of the producer's digital signature that will be stored in their profile and applied to the required contracting forms when they complete their contract review at the end of the contract submission or request review.
1. Send Form - Select to send an email to the producer with the signature_authorization_form as a .pdf attachment. The producer can print the form and sign it, then upload it to their profile directly.
2. View Form - Select to view SuranceBay's signature authorization form.
3. Upload It Now - Select to upload a signed signature authorization form provided by the producer.
This tab houses all of the files added to the producer profile. The active tab shows all of the files that will be used when required for new carrier contracts (this includes AML, E&O, Signature Authorization, Voided check, etc.). The Archived tab shows all of the documents which have been archived and will no longer be used for contracting.
1. Filters - Use the sort by and filter by to resort the documents by date, category, or document type.
2. Add New Document - Select to upload a document to the producer profile.
3. Active Forms - This section shows all the active documents that will be included with new carrier contract requests when required by an insurance carrier.
4. Form Options - Select to view form options such as download, change type, and archive.
5. Full-Screen Document View - Select any document thumbnail to view the form full screen.
CONTRACTING REQUESTS TAB
1. Stage Filter - Select this filter to view contracts by stage. Stages are:
All Open - This is the default option that shows a list of ALL contracts that are pending at their respective stages (At Producer, At BGA, At Carrier, etc.).
At BGA - Select to see a list of all pending contract requests at the agency stage. These contract requests are ready to be reviewed and processed by your agency.
At Carrier - Select to see the contract requests that have been processed and sent to the carrier. These requests should be updated with either completed + the agent code or discarded based on what you hear back from the carrier.
At Upline - Place holder. This option will be coming in a future update.
At Producer - Select to see the contract requests started by your producers which have not been reviewed & signed.
At Direct Upline - Place holder. This option will be coming in a future update.
Completed - Select to see a list of all of the contract requests that have been completed that are no longer pending.
Discarded - Select to see a list of all of the contract requests that have been discarded.
Withdrawn - This is the status that is assigned to a contract request sent by the producer to the agency that is later removed by the producer before being processed by the agency.
2. Search by carrier - Use this field to search for all of the contract requests by carrier name.
3. Producer Phone - Producer contact phone number.
4. Create Request - Select to create a new carrier contract request to send to the producer to copmpete, review, and sign.
5. Pending Contracts - This section lists all of the pending contract requests by submission date listed newest to oldest.
6. Actions - Select to access different options to apply to the pending contract request. These are:
Change Stage - Select to change the contract request stage from the current stage to a different stage of the contracting process.
Mark Completed - Select after checking in with the carrier and receiving confirmation that the request has been approved and when the agent received their code. Marking requests completed here moves them to the carrier contracts tab within the SureLC for Producers web interface.
Remind - Select to send a reminder email to the producer to complete the request review. When sent the subject is changed to urgent.
Open - Select to open the contract request to start the review process.
How to Reset a Producer Password
Step 1: Login to SureLC One as an Agency Admin. From the producers page locate the producer profile using the search field.
Step 2: Select the actions button to the right, and then select Send Password Reset Email.
Step 3: Review the information shown in the Reset Password dialog box. It's important that the producer knows which email address they used when the registered for their SureLC account. This email is used as their login user id and is also where they will receive their password reset email. Select Reset Password to send them the reset password email.
Producers Page Reference Info
This section explains what the fields, column headers, and buttons are used for.
1. Search - Use the field to locate producers by name, SSN, email or phone.
2. Filter By - Use this filter to locate producer profiles with errors, warnings, no issures or of different status types. The default view shows all active producer profiles. Other options are no issues, archived, or all. If you can't locate a particular producer profile under the active list try selecting All Producers instead (that profile may have been archived).
3. Filter Icon - Select to save the filter parameters so thaty they will automatically be applied the next time you return to the producer screen.
This icon will be shown when filter parameters are saved.
This icon will be shown when paramenters will not be saved.
4. Gear Icon - Select to modify the columns to be shown in the producer view. All columns are enabled by default.
5. Export List to Excel - Select the export icon to export the producer list to an excel file.
6. +Add Producer - Select to add a new producer to your SureLC account. This is useful when you want to register your agency principal or if you are a white glove service agency and will be registering your producers nder your SureLC account.
7. Producer - This is the producer name column. The default view lists producers alphabetically. Select any producer name to open their profile.
8. NPN/SSN - This column shows the producer's national producer number (NPN) and the last 4 digits of their social security number (SSN).
9. Notifications - This column will show if any information is missing from the producer profile. Red mean that the information is required and is missing from the profile. Yellow means that there are some issues that should be addressed but won't prevent the producer from submitting contract requests. Select any notification pill to open the producer profile and to be taken to the page where the issue can be reviewed in more detail and updated.
10. Phone - The producer's main contact phone number.
11. Email - The producer's contact email.
12. Address - The producer's residential, business, and mailing address. Hover over each icon to see the address info. Click on any of the pills to open the producer profile where the address info can be updated.
13. Added On - The date the producer profile was added to the SureLC agency account and by whom. If only a date is shown it means the producer registered themself.
14. Actions List - Select the actions button to open the actions list. From here admins can choose any of the following actions:
|Select to open the producer profile to view pening contracts (on the Contracting Request tab). This is also where agency admins can create contract requests and send them to the producer via email with a request review.|
|Select to flag the producer profile as marked (this is like favoriting the producer profile). Use the filter on the top left to view ALL producers that have been marked.|
|Select to archive the producer profile. This will remove the producer from the active list.|
|Select to send the producer a password reset email. Password reset emails will be sent to the producer's login user id email.|
|Select to apply or change the producer rating (possible ratings are No Rating, Gold, Silver, and Bronze).|
15. Columns - Select to customize the columns that are shown in the default view.