To use SureLC to apply for a Non-Resident License or add a Line Of Authority to an existing license, follow the steps below.
1. Log into your SureLC profile. Click on My Info, then click on the Licenses Tab.
2. Click Apply For NRL.
3. Choose the state as needed. Then click Next.
4. Choose the Line(s) of Authority as needed, then click Next.
5. Fill in all personal all personal information as needed as well as employment records, then press Next. (Note: This section will differ depending on the state)
6. Answer the background questions displayed, attaching explanation documents as needed for any Yes answers, then click Next. (Note: This section will differ depending on the state)
****If you answer Yes to a background question that requires an explanation document, input the date of the occurrence and press Explanation. On the next screen, click on Upload to upload an already prepared explanation document, or click on Create Explanation Document, fill in the required fields the press Generate Explanation Document.****
7. Read and accept the Certification and Attestation, then click Next. (Note: This section will differ depending on the state)
8. On the Summary screen, you will see what you are purchasing as well as the price including the state fee and processing fees. Press I Agree, then press Next.
9. The next screen is the payment and processing screen. Once again, you will see all the fees associated with this transaction. Edit the Receipt e-mail if needed, then press Add/Edit Payment Methods. Enter your credit card information as well as billing address and click Continue. Once back on the processing screen, click Process.
10. Shortly after the processing has finished, you will get an e-mail acknowledging the transaction that also includes your receipt.
**** If you applied for a Non-Resident License, you will get another e-mail within 10 business days letting you know the licenses was approved and where to go to get a copy if needed. Once the new information is updated by the state and reported to NIPR, your SureLC profile will update accordingly.****
**** If you added a Line of Authority, once the state approves, the information will be sent to NIPR, then updated accordingly in your SureLC profile. ****