An oversimplification of what SureLC does is take data, and apply it to PDF forms. As of 7/9/2014, SuranceBay supports 450+ carriers and 5,000+ PDF forms that are currently used in production. This article covers SuranceBay's Policy on Handling PDF Forms Requests to be included within SureLC.
- New Carriers to be Added to SureLC
- Existing Carriers - Updated Forms Requests
- Existing Carriers - New Carrier Contracting Forms to be Added
- Carrier Form Types Excluded from SureLC
- Agency Specific Forms - Non-Insurance Company Forms
- Pre-Signed / Pre-filled Carrier Contracting Forms for Your Agency
- Frequently Asked Questions
SuranceBay is happy to add new carriers and their contracting forms to SureLC for your agency. In order for us to do so, it will require your agency to pay a custom development fee on a time & material basis. SuranceBay's normal rates are $200/hour for our services, but for existing SureLC clients, SuranceBay provides discounted rates of $100/hour. On average, it will take SuranceBay five (5) billable hours for adding new carriers to SureLC. Email email@example.com with a copy of the carriers' contracting forms that you would like added to SureLC. SuranceBay's Support Team will provide you an estimate of the amount of time (and subsequently, the amount of money) it would take to add your new carrier request to SureLC. Upon written approval by your agency to SuranceBay, we'll proceed with adding your new carriers' forms to SureLC and will invoice your agency separately.
SuranceBay does not charge for updating existing forms for existing carriers within SureLC. Simply email a copy of updated forms to firstname.lastname@example.org and our Support Team will process your request, update SureLC, and notify you once your request is placed in production for your agency's use.
For 95% of these use-cases, where your agency requests that SuranceBay add NEW Carrier Contracting forms to an EXISTING carrier, your forms' requests will be added by SuranceBay's Support Team at no cost to your agency. For the most part, SuranceBay has most carriers' contracting forms already included within SureLC. However, there are instances where forms your agency needs for existing carriers are missing. Please forward these forms to email@example.com and our Support Team will add these forms as quickly as possible.
Please note that if your agency requests SuranceBay to add Agency Specific Forms on a per-carrier basis, there will be a custom development fee charge.
SuranceBay includes within SureLC those forms on a per-carrier basis that are needed in order to contract your producers with the designated carrier. By default, SuranceBay does not include the following form types within SureLC:
- Commission Schedules - By default, commission schedules are NOT included within SureLC. However, SuranceBay does include commission schedules ONLY IF they're required by the carrier in order to contract/appoint an agent (**Excluding Aetna Companies**). If a carrier does not require commission schedules to be included with contracting paperwork, then SuranceBay will not and does not include these form types as they're not necessary.
- Agency Specific Transmittals/Forms Per Carrier - These form types are not included by default. Simply process contracting paperwork to yourself through SureLC, and upon receiving the merged.pdf file, feel free to add any additional forms that you want prior to submission to the carrier. If you would like your agency's specific forms included within SureLC on a per-carrier basis, than it will entail a custom development fee.
- Appointment Fee Forms - By default, forms that authorize payment by the producer (via commissions, EFT, etc.) for state appointment fees are NOT included within SureLC. It's too easy for producers and/or agency administrators to select non-required appointment states within SureLC without realizing the financial implications it would cause should we include these form types as part of our standard process. If your agency would like to include Appointment Fee Forms, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the appointment fee form(s) on a per-carrier basis, and SuranceBay will include them for you only after your agency's principal signs a release letter from SuranceBay absolving SuranceBay of any financial responsibility related to inadvertent appointment fees deducted from your producers' commissions or bank account. SuranceBay will provide this release letter to your agency for execution prior to SuranceBay including Appointment Fee Forms for your agency within SureLC.
- Forms requesting Credit Card information - All forms requesting credit card information will be excluded from SureLC. Due to PCI compliance SuranceBay doesn't want to store or save credit card information.
- Catch-All - Very broad section here, but SuranceBay is committed to streamlining the multi-carrier contracting process for agencies and their producers. SuranceBay reserves the right to include only forms within SureLC that are (A) required by the carrier, (B) approved to be included within SureLC by the carrier, or (C) approved by your agency for inclusion within SureLC. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
20+ agencies who subscribe to SureLC have added their agency's specific forms as part of the SureLC process. This enables your producers to be able to complete, online, your Agency's specific agreements that you require producers to execute. SuranceBay charges custom development fees of $100/hour to add your agency's specific forms to SureLC. Please submit copies of your agency's specific forms to firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote. Upon written approval by your agency authorizing the charges, SuranceBay's Support Team will proceed with processing your request and will invoice your agency separately.
Please note that after initial implementation, SuranceBay will charge $100/hour for any update requests (e.g. your agency updates the forms) that are submitted to email@example.com and approved by your agency.
Also - please note that producers will be required to review & confirm online their approval for their signature to be applied to your agency's forms as the Signature Authorization Page does NOT authorize the application of the producer's signature to your agency's specific forms, only to the carrier's contracting forms. For that reason, the producer must review and confirm their desire to apply their signature to your agency's specific forms.
SureLC is designed to auto-input data, signatures, etc. onto carrier contracting PDF forms. Infrequently, an agency will submit to firstname.lastname@example.org a pre-filled or a pre-signed form that they want to be included within SureLC. The most typical case is when a SureLC subscribing agency runs one or more of their carrier contracts through an upline agency, and the upline agency has provided a pre-signed or pre-filled PDF form for your usage. SuranceBay will work to accomodate most of these requests, but in roughly 50% of the cases, this request type results in additional work to be done by SuranceBay's Support Team. If additional work needs to be done in order to code your requested forms, SuranceBay will respond to your request submitted to email@example.com with a reason for custom development fees, the amount of time and cost associated with including your custom forms on a per-carrier basis, and upon written approval, include these forms for your agency.
Q1. You mention a lot here about custom development fees of $100/hour. I thought by signing up with SuranceBay that I'd get any/every form I need to be auto-filled by the SureLC application. Why the extra charges?
A1. Great Question! First, we try to manage expectations, so many apologies if the thought process was that we'd include every form unconditionally without charges. Second, it takes a lot of time to code/map/include forms within SureLC. From a business perspective, it makes little financial sense for SuranceBay to spend 10 hours coding forms when they're used once or twice or never.
Q2. I'm interested in some statistics, can you give them to me?
A2. Sure thing. SuranceBay proudly mentioned above that we support 450+ carriers' contracting forms. The reality is that for 161 of the 450+ carriers supported within SureLC, there were less than 10 contracts processed per carrier in total (all agencies combined) between January 1st, 2014 and July 1st, 2014. Moreover, for 67 of the 161 carriers mentioned, there were absolutely ZERO contracts processed by any/all of SuranceBay's agency clients. It makes little financial sense to spend/invest time mapping/coding forms that are used very infrequently. SuranceBay likes to do work that supports our clients, rather than doing work just for the sake of doing work.
Q3. My agency works with a carrier that SuranceBay doesn't have, and I do a lot of contracting with them. Can you please add them for me?
A3. SuranceBay is happy to add new carriers' contracting forms to SureLC. However, SuranceBay will charge your agency upon approval from your agency to add these forms. Please CLICK HERE to see our policy on adding new carriers to SureLC. There will be no exceptions.
Q4. Ok, I get it. I have to pay to add new carriers and their forms to SureLC. Once I've paid the fees, do I have to pay when the carrier updates their forms?
A4. No. Once added to SureLC, SuranceBay will update these carriers' forms within SureLC. Please CLICK HERE to see our policy on updating existing carriers within SureLC, and be sure to submit updated forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q5. What about Property & Casualty (P&C) Carriers? Does SuranceBay support inclusion of these carriers' contracting forms?
A5. Adding these carriers to SureLC is something that SuranceBay is happy to do, but these requests will fall under the guidelines of adding new carriers to SureLC.
Q6. Which Carriers does SuranceBay currently support? And, which carriers does SuranceBay NOT currently support?
Additional Questions? Please email email@example.com and someone from our Support Team will be happy to respond back to you.